SwissGear, the same company responsible for making the world famous Swiss Army Knife, has now produced a durable backpack called the SA1923 ScanSmart. It is versatile and designed specifically for functionality and convenience. It is equipped with many useful features such as a laptop compartment that is easy to access. The packing capacity is large and the main pocket offers packing that is protected for gaming peripherals, several binders and other various accessories.
This backpack also allows a person to pass through airport security in a fast and easy manner. This is because it contains a compartment that is specially designed to store a laptop. This compartment is able to be opened quickly to allow the laptop to be seen while it is being scanned. This quick-recognition window is a feature that is unique to this backpack. Therefore, a person will never need to completely remove their computer from the backpack while it is being scanned.
Specifications and Features
- Durable fabric
- Shoulder straps that are contoured to provide maximum comfort
- Pocket specifically designed for an MP3 player
- A holder for sunglasses
- Compartment for carrying a laptop computer with quick-recognition window
- Large packing capacity
It also contains an organizer in the interior that can be used for the storage of a cellphone, pencils, pens and other small items that can easily be lost. The shoulder strap has an elastic tab connected to it so sunglasses can be kept in a secure location that is easily accessible.
- Price: This backpack is a great value and is significantly cheaper than many others that are similar in quality.
- Comfort: The handle located on the top does not hurt the hands when held for an extended period of time. There is also padding all over the backpack, especially on the back and the arm pads that contain shock absorbing qualities. It is even soft enough to be used as a pillow when it is empty. This can come in handy during a long layover in an airport.
- Appearance: For people who care about such things, they should no issues with the sleek look of this black one.
- Many compartments and an enormous amount of space:
- One pocket located on the bottom front that holds several small organizer pockets
- The top front contains one small pocket
- Two pockets that are elastic and stretch. These are designed to hold bottles of water. These are large enough to hold bottles that are one liter. An umbrella can also fit inside these elastic pockets.
- There are two pockets on either side that are the perfect size for storing smaller items such as a charger for a laptop, a mouse and other accessories that are roughly the same size.
- The primary compartment contains dividers that are vertical to allow papers to be neatly organized. There is also an interior pocket that is mesh. A cellphone or MP3 player can be placed in a special pouch that is made to hold them. The cord for headphones can be placed through a small hole in the top of the backpack.
- There is one compartment that is thin which can be used specifically for folders and papers.
- A laptop compartment that is padded
- The laptop compartment is not big enough to hold a notebook that is any bigger than 15.6 inches.
- While it is padded, more padding is necessary to give a laptop the adequate amount of protection that it needs. This is especially true if a person is going to be subjecting their backpack to some pounding during their trip. Extra care must be taken when setting it down on a hard surface if a computer is inside.
- The design is a bit awkward because the opening for the laptop compartment is on the side instead of the top.
This SwissGear backpack is made from material that is durable and waterproof. It is the same excellent quality that people have come to expect from products made by this company. The backpack is ideal for people who do a lot of traveling and need to carry around many items that are different sizes. It is made to accommodate people who are carrying modern gadgets such as cell phones, MP3 players and laptops. The fact that your computer does not need to be completely taken out of the backpack in order to be scanned at the airport is a huge bonus in terms of convenience. However, the lack of padding, especially on the bottom, make it risky to carry a laptop for an extended period of time.