Do you love traveling and exploring new places? Are you an adventure enthusiast who is always on the go? If yes, how do you ensure that you stay connected with the world while you are out in the wild or some remote place? Obviously through the lovely gadgets science has offered us. But, these gadgets demand frequent charging and not always you get a public charger or maybe electricity to put your gadgets back to life? In such a time, a solar backpack is your savior. These technologically advanced backpacks have a solar panel installed on top of them. The panel converts solar energy into mechanical energy which can be used for multiple purposes. Here are the best solar backpacks that you can buy for your next outdoor expedition:
Top Rated Solar Backpacks Comparison Chart
|1||ECEEN Canvans Backpack||10W||2.65 pounds||18.9 x 7.5 x 14.2 inches||10,000mAh||Check Price|
|2||ECEEN Hydration Solar Backpack||7W||1.8 pounds||18.5 x 3.9 x 13 inches||N/A||Check Price|
|3||ECEEN Laptop Backpack with 7W Solar Panel||7W||2.4 pounds||18.9 x 7.5 x 14.2 inches||2,000mAh||Check Price|
|4||CHOETECH 24W Solar Charger Backpack||24W||7.2 ounces||9 x 6.1 x 0.5 inches||N/A||Check Price|
|5||Ghostek NRGsolar Series 40L||8.8W||3.85 pounds||20 x 8 x 13 inches||16,000mAh||Check Price|
- 1 Top Rated Solar Backpacks Comparison Chart
- 2 6 Best Selling Solar Backpack Reviews
- 2.1 Voltaic Systems Array Rapid Solar Backpack
- 2.2 ECEEN SOLAR HYDRATION BACKPACK
- 2.3 Voltaic Solar Converter Daypack
- 2.4 SolarGoPack 7W Solar Charger Bag
- 2.5 EnerPlex Packr Commuter Solar Powered Backpack
- 2.6 ECEEN Hiking Lightweight Daypack
- 2.7 What to look for while buying a best solar backpack?
- 2.8 Conclusion:
6 Best Selling Solar Backpack Reviews
Voltaic Systems Array Rapid Solar Backpack
This is a striking, black colored, technologically fitted bag that has enough space and energy conversion ability to facilitate your next travel. Ergonomically designed the backpack has a wide solar panel on its top that provides easy solar energy charging for your gadgets. It is a waterproof backpack that works perfectly day and night and offers seamless power for charging laptops and other gadgets. Forget your power banks because they too die eventually when you are off-grid. The Voltaic Systems Array Rapid Solar Backpack Charger for Laptops offers a constant supply of power all the way long. Here are a few distinctive features that make it one of the most popular solar backpacks for the year:
- The backpack has enough storage allowing you to keep all travel essentials easily without stuffing items or compromising on your travel needs.
- It boasts 25L of capacity and an easy access to every corner and pocket of the bag. It can easily accommodate laptop of all sizes.
- The high-quality solar panels perform amazingly and capture solar energy which is eventually saved in the power bank attached with the backpack.
- The monocrystalline solar cells capture the solar energy fast and allow you to charge your devices on the go.
- Product dimensions: 19 inches X 7 inches X 11 inches
- Product weight: 5.1 pound
- Capacity: 25L
- The backpack is highly user-friendly and can be used in every climatic conditions. It converts solar energy even when it is cloudy and no regular sunshine.
- Unlike other solar backpacks, this product controls the power current and transfers a regulated current to your devices.
- It can charge a standard laptop in 6 hours and a smartphone in 1 hour.
- The quality of the material used for construction is questionable. Also, it doesn’t come with a proper user manual.
ECEEN SOLAR HYDRATION BACKPACK
Another awesome backpack that has made a significant mark in the market is ECEEN Solar Hiking Backpack. If you are a hiking enthusiast and often go out on long expeditions, this backpack supports all your gadget charging needs. The backpack is compatible with a variety of gadgets including laptops, cameras, mobile phones and other small and big gadgets. Available in a striking blue and black color combination, this is a highly user-friendly bag that has a solar control panel and a voltage stability controller attached to it. With the brilliance of ECEEN, a reputed name in the solar products manufacturing industry, the backpack allows easy and swift charging while you are off-grid. Here are a few more features of the product:
- ECEEN 7W Solar Backpack offers a regular supply of mechanical energy by converting solar energy, fast and easy.
- The backpack boasts 22% solar cell transfer rate which is fastest in its category.
- You can charge a number of gadgets as they are compatible with the solar backpack.
- It is a well-designed backpack with separate sleeves for gadgets including a laptop sleeve, smartphone sleeve, tablet sleeve and a separate sleeve for USB cables.
- It is perfect for outdoor expeditions as the fabric used is of high quality and made perfect for outdoor conditions.
- Product dimension: 18.5 inches x 4 inches x 13 inches
- Product weight: 1.76 pound
- Capacity: 1.8L
- Easy to organize, the backpack has several pockets to keep all types or gadgets perfectly.
- It weighs only 3lbs which makes it a lightweight backpack for outdoor adventures.
- It can capture sunlight even when it is shady or cloudy and generate electricity.
- A few functionality issues are quoted by users pertaining to the solar panel and no charge after a few uses.
Voltaic Solar Converter Daypack
Voltaic is widely known for its contribution to the solar product industry and Voltaic Systems Converter Rapid Solar Backpack Charger is one of its marvels. It is a technologically advanced solar backpack that boasts of its ability of instant charging. The ability comes from the solar panel made of SunPower high-efficiency cells which charges a smartphone in no time after direct exposure to the sunlight for 3 hours. Made bespoke for outdoor travels, it is a lightweight bag that suits the needs of people in love with adventure and travel. Besides the ability to convert the renewable solar energy into mechanical charge, the backpack has another eco-friendly feature- it is made of recycled PET bottles. Here are a few more unique features of this solar backpack:
- The backpack comprises a battery (4000 mAH) that has an ability to store solar energy which you can use anytime later
- Eco-friendly construction made of 100% recycled PET bottle.
- Ergonomically designed and has multiple pockets to keep a range of gadgets organized and sorted.
- Compatible with a variety of gadgets including professional cameras, laptops, smartphones, kindle and tablets.
- It is ultra-light in weight which makes it easier to carry it along for long hiking, biking or other outdoor expeditions.
- Product dimensions: 6 inches x 12 inches x 18 inches
- Product weight: 2.7 pound
- Capacity: 20 L
- It is an eco-friendly item that lasts 5 times more than any other standard backpack available in the market.
- Easily accommodate a laptop measuring 15” as well as a tablet measuring up to 10”.
- Not an efficient solar panel like the outer counterparts of the product from the same brand.
SolarGoPack 7W Solar Charger Bag
If you love outdoors and the greens, the advanced SolarGoPack is a must have for your ensemble. High capacity, ergonomic design and ability to convert solar energy makes it a backpack that keeps you connected with the rest of the world while you are off-grid. It boasts of a 7-watt solar panel that converts enough energy to allow users to charge a variety of gadgets. The backpack is available in green and grey color combination which also makes it visually pleasing. The company promotes the bag for use in outdoor activities like hiking, biking, sports, school and in cases of emergency power outage. Mentioned below are a few more features, which make this solar backpack a quality choice:
- The solar-powered backpack has a connected 10,000 Mah battery that can be used to store power for future needs.
- It is compatible with a diverse range of gadgets including tablets, mobiles, and laptops from different brands.
- Extremely lightweight, it is perfect for outdoor activities where you need to carry a minimum load.
- It can withstand extreme climatic conditions and made especially with no wear and tear fabric.
- Complimentary cable set and the high-end Lithium-ion battery is counted with this bag.
- Product weight: 2.6 pound
- Color: Grey and Green
- It has different compartments to keep items separate and organized for travel purposes.
- It is made highly user-friendly and offers supported back and straps for easy maneuvering.
- The 10,000 mAH battery has lesser capacity to support a 2-3 day outdoor travel.
- It is claimed to have a low-quality construction and the fabric rips apart on quite a few places.
EnerPlex Packr Commuter Solar Powered Backpack
A stylish and trendy backpack that also has a powerful solar panel installed on its back is perfect for your outdoor travel plans. Besides offering you an uninterrupted power supply, it also offers a trendy look and style that complements the modern needs. It is a compact solar backpack with sufficient space to store your travel essentials and gadgets that help you stay in touch with family and friends back at home. You can also use this backpack for school and keep your laptop and tablet charged, always. Here is the list of other technical and functional features of this powerful solar backpack:
- It is fitted with 3 watts solar panel that delivers uninterrupted power supply.
- It uses Patented CIGS technology that is reputed for offering the best density to weight ratio while using the thinnest and most flexible solar panels.
- It is divided into different segments and each segment allows enough space for a unique gadget.
- It is ergonomically designed for users that enjoy long expeditions and thus offer them ultimate support.
- Product dimensions: 19.5 inches X 6.5 inches X 15 inches
- Product Weight: 1.8 pound
- Capacity: 30L
- It is lightweight and has a 500 mAH battery connected with the solar panel for reserve energy accumulation for future use.
- It can easily accommodate laptops measuring 13” and a number of other gadgets that we generally use.
- Low-quality construction and color variance is the most frequently reported issue with this solar backpack.
ECEEN Hiking Lightweight Daypack
ECEEN has offered a variety of solar backpacks to travel enthusiasts community and ECEEN External Frame Backpack with 5 Watts Solar Charger & Battery Pack is one of the prime offerings. It is made smart for people who love their gadgets and the outdoors equally. Featuring a bright blue color, the backpack is made smart for the smart travelers need and has an advanced solar panel to keep your gadgets charged on the go. Besides a design that contributes to user-friendliness, it is also efficient in converting solar energy real quick. It is compatible with a number of gadgets including iPhone, laptops, smartphones, USB speakers and more. Let us discuss some other key features of this solar backpack:
- The solar backpack has a built-in 2000 mAH battery that allows easy charging even when it is dark, shady or cloudy.
- What makes is unique is the foldable and removable solar panels that allow 22% more efficient charging ability.
- The battery has a LED light system that offers three different settings that can be used at night.
- The fabric and construction of the backpack boast high quality and user-friendliness with powerful and adjustable straps, padded back and lightweight construction.
- Product Dimensions: 19 inches x 13 inches x 8.2 inches
- Product weight: 1.8 pound
- Capacity: 20L
- The backpack is highly durable with quality construction and user-friendly built.
- It comes with 10 pcs led chips, sensitive touch 3 modes for Light Modes that suit your outdoor expedition needs.
- The fabric used for the construction is heavier than other counterparts and also, it is bigger in size.
What to look for while buying a best solar backpack?
A solar backpack is like a blessing for people who love outdoors. It allows adventure enthusiasts to keep their gadgets fully charged while in the wild. These are simple bags that have a high quality monocrystalline solar panel installed on top of them. These panels are usually foldable and flexible to boost the user-friendliness of the bag. There are also several cords, USB and charge controllers that take the functions to the next level. While these bags appear super-efficient, in fact, they are also equally complicated. With a variety of technologies available in the market, a new range of unique solar backpacks is released every other day which make buyers confused. Here, in this post, we have coiled a list of things to look for while buying a best solar backpack:
The first and foremost thing to look for in a solar backpack is a powerful design. The conventional design for backpacks is termed as REPPS (Rucksack Enhanced Portable Power System) but with a change in technology, there are several new and modern designs available. Whichever design you buy, keep in mind the needs that you seek from the backpack. You will need a bigger backpack in case you love long outdoor travel and smaller and compact backpack in case you are buying it for college use.
With the advent of technology, there are score of gadgets that we use in our daily life. While buying a solar backpack, make sure that it has USB ports and cables compatible with all types of gadgets that you are willing to carry along in the backpack. Also, check that if it allows charging any brand gadgets.
- Type of Solar panel and efficiency:
There are a variety of solar panels available in the market that operate on different technology. While some allow the direct charge, others need a power bank to charge first and then the gadgets. Also, different solar panel types have different charging ability and efficiency. You must check the manufacturer’s guide about the product and buy a solar backpack according to your needs.
Just like a conventional backpack, you must expect durability from your solar backpack. A quality backpack should offer you longevity along with comfort. You will primarily use a solar backpack outside the house and most of the time in harsh and tough conditions. Durable fabric ensures you that the backpack will retain its quality and look even after a long and rough exposure.
At last, it is important to consider the price of the bag. We all have a set budget and buying an item under the budget is always recommended. You can get a variety of choices in your set budget.
A quality solar backpack allows the user to enjoy uninterrupted charging for their gadgets while they are off the grid. There are several companies that offer different types of solar backpacks. The above mentioned best solar backpacks are voted as the top variants available. However, a user must check a solar backpack thoroughly before buying one. We have also mentioned a few tips that will aid you in making the best buying decision.